More and more new parents are opting for organic. Today’s generation of new mums and dads are more aware of the environmental consequences of using items such as disposable nappies and are choosing to use organic materials that are not only better for the environment but also help to reduce allergies in their little ones.
Zoe Bonser, Show Director at The Baby Show says: “Parents today are so much more eco-savvy than they used to be; conscious that using organic products are not only better for the world around them but their world inside the home. Having a baby for the first time gives you a fresh perspective on life and teaching your child to use organic products from the very start will only have a beneficial impact on them and the world they live in which they will be responsible for looking after in years to come.”
As we celebrate Organic month this September, The Baby Show, with MadeForMums, has compiled a list of the top organic products that will be on sale at next month’s show, held at Olympia London from Friday 18 until Sunday 20 October 2019.
NEW to The Baby Show – Pattie & Co.
- Founded by London-based mum who was frustrated by the lack of ‘grown-up’ designs available in good quality organic muslin, she decided to create her own. All muslins are made from soft, GOTS certified organic cotton, and designs are printed using digital reactive printing. This gives superior wash and rub fastness, along with brighter colours and a softer feel to the skin. These inks avoid the hazards associated with pigments contained in conventional process dyes. Swaddles RRP £22. Stand number F107.
NEW to The Baby Show - KURA Organics
- The KURA organic baby wrap is a soft, comfortable and stylish solution for keeping baby warm in car seats and pushchairs and made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. It is unique, versatile and functional, providing the same comfort, warmth and safety that otherwise only a mother’s arms could give. RRP £49.99. Stand number H57.
NEW to The Baby Show - Lindex
- This leopard print baby blanket is a stylish way to keep your baby warm and cuddly. It’s made from the softest organic cotton jersey and is reversible! RRP £9.99. Lindex is one of Europe’s leading fashion brands, offering affordable, organic baby clothes and blankets. Their newborn range is made from 100% organic cotton. Stand number B100.
- Mum & You offers eco-nappies, biodegradable baby wipes, and hypoallergenic skincare from birth to beyond. Their eco-nappies have a soft cotton core – made using chlorine-free wood pulp from certified sustainable forestry and free from dyes, lotions and latex (RRP £9.79 per pack). Their 100% biodegradable baby wipes are made from naturally derived fibres, which breaks down quickly after throwing away, even in landfill conditions. They are soft, strong and fragrance-free, making them suitable for newborn, sensitive and eczema-prone skin (RRP £8.99 for 6-pack). Stand number F73.
- Newbie is a Swedish lifestyle brand for the little ones we love. Its collection uses organic cotton and is a sustainable and affordable fashion brand for babies and kids, offering a wide range of clothing and accessories. Products range from RRP £1.20 for a pair of lace socks to £60 Christening dress. Stand number G21.
- Bababou's Hugg bedside crib gives baby their own safe sleeping space whilst staying close to their parents.Once it's been used as a crib, it can then be re-purposed as a stylish mid-century desk and bench. Crafted from the highest quality organic, sustainable materials and free from toxins and chemicals makes this kinder to the environment too. RRP £361.50. Stand number E74.
- Providing lovely and comfy, Little Green Sheep super soft 3-piece bedding sets in wild organic cotton (2 fitted sheets and 1 jersey blanket), these are gorgeous starter bedding bundles that come in in lovely prints. RRP £44.95 Available on Little Poppets & Co stand D65.
- Green People have a wide variety of organic baby products including scent-free sun lotion for children, organic baby wash and shampoo. Green People products mix a combination of age-old herbs like Chamomile, Calendula and Lavender and are natural and gentle on delicate skin, eczema friendly and free from harsh chemicals. Not only is the sun lotion reef-safe, but it’s fully recyclable with it being made from renewable sugar cane packaging and ingredients are farmed on sustainable land – so it is completely carbon-neutral! RRP £8.50. Stand number H20.
- Give your baby the best start in life, with Mama Bamboo nappies and wipes. They are designed to reassure, comfort and educate our little ones. Mama Bamboo is free of harsh chemicals and made with all-natural products. RRP £10.00. Stand number A81
- Mamamade is on a mission to make homecooking for babies as easy and healthy as possible. A subscription based service, Mamamade do all the hard work for you. They carefully curate and prepare delicious ingredients for your baby's age and development stage, then deliver in pre-portioned pouches. What's more, they only partner with farmers who don't settle for anything less than the best tasting organic vegetables and fruits. Stand number D92.
* Published Friday 30 August 2019